Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Giving up...

I've done it...I have let my child give up.  He hates skating...loathes it...screams, cries, begs to have a bath instead, and if you know my child, you know this means serious business.  Nolan believes baths are reserved for special occasions - like...well, we haven't stumbled upon those occasions yet...maybe his wife, or significant other will have better luck getting him to bathe...I've given up....So, needless to say, when he offers to have a bath instead of skating, he really really really  hates it.

Now, I feel really guilty...am I teaching my child to give up easily??  Am I allowing him to throw his hands in the air and quit??  Am I letting him "win" the ever raging battle of wills against his mother??...Yes, yes I am...

And I'm doing it all in the name of my sanity...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....I'd let him quit too if he hates it that much. Maybe once he gets a little older, he'll actually be interested, but if he's asking for a bath...well, I'd give him a bath =)

    ReplyDelete