Sunday, December 20, 2009

Secrets with a toddler...

are impossible, but so much fun!!

Lemme explain....

Following Nolan's trip to see the Big "S", aka, Santa, on Saturday, gramma, aka my mom, whoa, I can tell this is gonna get confusing real fast...try to stay with me here folks...had some grocery shopping she needed to get done for Christmas Eve's dinner.  I wanted to make a quick stop at the bank (Have I ever mentioned how much I love the fact that banks are open on Saturdays??!!...this is getting off topic...Focus Lisa...Focus)...as I was leaving the car, my mom asked Nolan "Do you want to see what you bought mommy for Christmas??"...Of course his response was yes...off I wandered to the bank, and they sat in the car to admire the beauty of my gift.  Now, let's keep in mind here, that Nolan is a 3 year old, well I guess almost 4 (holy snotballs!!!!!!!) year old boy...I can ask numerous times what he did at taytare, and his response is always "Played".  True enough I suppose...but one day, I would love for him to elaborate, just a smidge.

Now, I had gotten back to the car, and heard my mom telling Nolan to quick, "put it back in the bag....and don't tell mommy, because it is a secret!!..."...I looked in the backseat at my son, and I saw his eyes dance and sparkle like I have never seen before - all because he knew something I didn't.  I asked "Can you give me a hint?"...nope.  "Are you gonna tell mommy??"...nope.  "is it a...polar bear??"....No Mommy, it's a Penguin!!! And outta the bag it came!! 

Hahaha, easy peasy!!  If anyone else wants to tell him what they bought me, he is a GREAT listener - just wanted ya to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment