Thursday, December 17, 2009

I did it...I bit the big one...

I am a self-proclaimed Grinch...Christmas has never really been my favorite time of the year...too much hoopla, and blech....that's all I can say....blech.

Nolan and I didn't have a tree up, and frankly I was sick and tired of being made to feel guilty, and catching crap about ruining Christmas for Nolan, yada yada yada....last night, I thought f*ck it, we are going to put up a tree, and enjoy every second of it's dying, decorated life....I picked Nolan up from 'taytare'...off we trudged, well, really we drove cause it is still kinda cold, and I am uber lazy, to the hardware store to get a tree stand.  While we were there, I told Nolan that he could pick one ornament, and every year, he can have a new one to hang on the tree (how's that for starting traditions - ruining his Christmas my ass! HA!, hahaha)...of all the ornaments he could have chosen, he picked this gold glittery spiky ball...uugggggly!..oh well...his choice...while we were there, my inside voice was saying *lisa, get an extension cord, lisa get an extension cord, you will need it for the lights. LISA GET A F*CKIN CORD*...I chose to ignore that voice...it's usually crazy anyways. Got our purchases from the store, and off to get our tree...we got to the IGA, cause in Barrhead, it is the grocery store that sells the trees - don't judge, haha...paid for the tree, found the man to help us, and threw a curve ball at him....we drive a car!  Bahaha....and we have no rope!...our tree must fit inside!...teehee!...we smushed that bastard (the tree, not the helpful man), into the backseat of my car, plunked Nolan into the front seat (safely of course, haha), and motored on our way home.  He thought riding in the front was the cat's ass!!  And lemme tell ya, my car smells pine-y fresh today!!....sooo, we get home, I figure out the tree stand, cut the net off the tree, only to realize, I've been bamboozled!!  We didn't one lovely tree...we got two separate charlie brown-ers stuck in the same net...well, not even...more like two charlie brown branches...FYI - do you know how hard it is to stick two trees into ONE tree stand, with one hand holding the trees together, and one tightening the stand??  NOT EASY!!!  The f bombs were flying, the christmas cheer was in full force, *sigh*  life in the Rowney house was good...I had no rope to tie my two charlie's together, so I had to use the netting that tricked me in the first place to tie my them together...but it is up...and unstable. If anyone sneezes in  my house, that sucker is gonna fall. 

Being that I chose to ignore my crazy voice in the hardware store, we now have a 5 foot string of lights leading from the plug in to the tree itself...whoops!!

As we were decorating it last night, Nolan looked me, "mommy, this is the most beatiful-est tree eber".




"And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

3 comments:

  1. Seriously - even rereading that had me in stitches =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but I agree with the other naggers, you HAVE to have a tree! Although I'm all for the fake ones with lights built in! So much easier and you get a perfect tree each time! Pick one up on sale after Christmas. :-) What a funny memory this will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanny referred me over here and I needed this today! I feel the same way. I finally put our FAKE tree up and I still haven't wanted to put up the stockings yet! LOL...I just found me a new blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete